Gratitude is something I strive to practice as much as possible and the practice helps keep things in perspective for me. Â I want to remember these lines from today’s Zen Habits
- When Iâ€™m feeling mad at someone, I can try to see what about them Iâ€™m grateful for.
- When I procrastinate with a project, I can look at why Iâ€™m grateful to be able to work on that project.
- When I get injured or sick, I can remember that Iâ€™m grateful just to be alive.
- When I lose a good friend, I can grieve, but also be grateful for the time I had with them, and all that they gave me.
- When something bad happens while traveling, I remember to be grateful for traveling at all, and that these challenges are what make the travel an adventure.
- When someone doesnâ€™t like what I do, and criticizes me, I can be grateful they care enough to even pay attention. Attention is a gift.